2014 Conference Bulletin – Final Edition – Monday Nov. 3rd /14
It’s Show Time!!
- Check out the official Conference Program – and our Amazing Sponsors - at www.acpiconference25.com. And if you haven’t yet registered, this is your final chance: book by Tuesday, Nov. 4th at midnight ET – Full Conference and some Single Day options remain:
- Join us for the Welcome Reception on Thursday evening, generously hosted by the Toronto Network, from 6-8 pm at the spectacular Deanery, Cathedral Centre
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Dinner – Friday evening, Nov. 7 at Hotel Novotel Toronto – Just 2 seats left to the Best Party Ever: RSVP & Meal selection by Tuesday, Nov. 4th at 5 PM ET – Call Dayle Whiteside: 416. 691.1889
Conference Spotlight on…
Keynote luncheon presenter David Livermore
, President of the Cultural Intelligence Center (USA) will share why “CQ” is the requisite skill for competitive advantage in the global workplace
– especially for career professionals working with organizational clients. This best selling author and leading consultant to some of the world’s most iconic companies will illustrate his research with practical applications, and engage us in a wide ranging dialogue on why CQ matters to a world of talent
in need of celebrating its best efforts in team work, leadership, and people management. Join David on Friday Nov. 7th at 12:15 PM.
About the Weather
Well, it’s Canada and it’s November so have a look for yourself on the Extended Forecast for the Toronto area:
The warmth of our volunteers (and welcome hugs) will more than compensate for the chilly Fall air.
Pack a picture - or create a ‘Selfie’ video to share...
While you’re loading the suitcase for Toronto, remember to include some of your favorite ACPI memorabilia – a special photo, souvenir program – whatever is evocative for you in your relationship to our Association. We’ll offer a spot to showcase all the contributions during the conference. And if you wish you could be with us and can’t, do the next best thing and create a brief ‘You Tube’ style video
with your remembrance or best wishes.
Email us with your ‘performance’ by Tuesday, Nov. 4th
Speaking of Entertainment...
What’s the Most Appreciated Question in the World?
“How Can I Help?”
Together with your help, we can make this Conference a “really big show” and an outstanding resource for our global community. We’re almost entirely volunteer resourced so offering your assistance is vitally appreciated.
Here’s what you can do now to help make our event successful:
1) Forward this bulletin to anyone you know in your Talent and Career Development networks
– and then call to chat with them about this event. The personal follow up is so important
– and, they may know of someone who could benefit from at least hearing about “Valuing Connections and Careers”, and ACPI.
2) Like us
on Facebook and check our special Conference Page frequently for updates; follow us on Twitter @ACPIntl
; and add our event to your Linked In
Profile. All our social networking links are at the foot of this bulletin.
3) Make a Donation
of any amount to the 25th Anniversary Celebration Fund:
If you need assistance
with anything related to the Conference or ACP International, or have feedback
please contact us and we’ll do our best to respond within 24-48 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
: Member Services
And if you haven’t registered yet, please do so now: http://tinyurl.com/nhgrtce
Thanks for your support and we’ll see you in Toronto!
ACPI Salon Webinar – Wednesday, June 18th – 5 PM ET
“Developing Markets in Career Development Practice”
Career professionals have long acknowledged that ‘traditional’ markets for our services have expanded well beyond our home countries and continents. And with innovative web-based applications, delivery mechanisms are evolving more rapidly than ever, helping us expand our reach to new audiences.
But is a command of technology enough to succeed in ‘developing’ world markets?
Join Allan Gatenby for an insider’s view on the ‘pressures and pleasures’ of building a career practice in a population of a billion plus people – India!
His fast-paced and engaging presentation will investigate:
- Global trends of changed practice
- Responses that practitioners are making to market place changes
- Implications for individual practice and professional support, and
- First steps in venturing into new markets
Prepare to get a taste of what career means in a whole new world of talent and economic surge!
This is another free member benefit of ACP International.
Invite your colleagues to join you in this professional development event.
About the Salon Webinar Leader:
Allan Gatenby, CMF has a privileged view of global trends, informed by his roles as Governor of ICCI, New South Wales Division President of the Career Development Association of Australia, and leader of a busy international career support practice. He’s observed labour market trends, cultural sensitivities, demographic shifts, and gender & generational differences - primarily through work experiences in India, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
"Are you Ready for Workforce 2025? Skills and Careers to Survive the Future Workplace"
Most people today will have seven careers in their lifetime - and change jobs about every three years.
Planning and career mapping your future is vital to the next 10+ years of your working life.
As a Career Professional, are you doing everything you can to help your clients prepare for their future?
Equip yourself to be an indispensable 'value add' to your clients.
Valuing Connections and Careers:
A 25th Anniversary Celebration & Professional Development Conference
Save the Date!
November 6th - 8th, 2014
Engage with peers, colleagues, and international community committed to:
Exchanging ideas on talent, economic and social sustainability and
Transforming the value of career advice - across generations and cultures!
In less than two weeks we'll be kicking off our 2014 Season with this signature interactive event featuring Canada's most engaged employer!
With virtually every major survey (Gallup, Towers Watson, etc.) citing how career development coaching contributes significantly to highly engaged workplaces, this is a MUST ATTEND event for you, your clients and colleagues.
Using examples from their own award-winning company as well as their customers, Habanero Consulting will:
- Demystify "employee engagement" (what it means, why it matters)
- Demonstrate why career coaching, talent management, and mentoring are absolutely vital to creating 'engaged' workplaces
- Delight you with their unique approach to collaboration, relationships and building value across communities
Following a brief presentation, we'll have facilitated table conversations and dialogue on the implications and opportunities that employee engagement offers for career professionals, people managers, and literally anyone responsible for acquiring, developing and retaining talent.
Habanero's workforce is young, energetic and authentically committed to people development.
Come meet them Feb. 18th and discover why "The Globe & Mail" says they're the #1 Most Engaged Workplace in Canada.
We encourage you to circulate this event notice to as many in your contact network who'd like to join us.
- and see you on Feb.18th!
"Strategic Career Moves for Professional Success": Powerful trends and ingenious strategies - for you and your clients!
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 2013 - 11 AM - Noon Eastern Time
ACP International proudly launches its Fall 'Salon' Series featuring Caitlin Williams and Annabelle Reitman, co-authors of the just-released "Career Moves: Be Strategic About Your Future".
Pre-register now to enter the draw for a free copy of the book: email@example.com
To purchase a copy of Career Moves: Be Strategic About Your Future click here: www.astd.org/careermoves
Your Workplace Conference – ACPI Members Save $100
Tuesday, June 18th at 11 AM ET - Noon ET
Guest Speaker - Erik de Haan, MSc, PhD
- VU University Amsterdam
Amsterdam Forum – May 18th
Join Dr. Ron Elsdon on Tuesday, April 9th
at 11 AM ET for a great session on a hot topic: Social Responsibility
How is social responsibility relevant to our work, to our clients, and to the organizations we interface with?
Building on his recent book "Business Behaving Well: Social Responsibility, from Learning to Doing" Ron will explore what social responsibility means, why it is important and what we can do about it.
The session will enable participants to:
- Establish links between social justice, social responsibility and business practice
- Identify stakeholders affected by organizations
- Learn of examples of social responsibility
- Describe actions for organizations and individuals (such as clients and career counselors) that address social responsibility
About the session leader: Ron Elsdon has over 25 years of career and workforce development, organizational consulting and leadership coaching experience, gained in the U.S. and internationally, in multiple sectors.
He holds a PHD in Chemical Engineering from Cambridge University, a masters in Career Development from John F Kennedy University, and is the author of several articles and books.
Register now by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, and add "Elsdon Webinar" in the subject line.
Prior to the session you'll receive complete details to connect you with the webinar and other participants.
Webinar “Where Do Career Professionals Fit?
Many thanks to everyone who joined this week's webinar “Where Do Career Professionals Fit?” The audio link:
Webinar: ACP International Idea Exchange Feb 12, 2013
In the meantime, mark your calendars now for our very first "Salon" on Tuesday April 9th, 11 AM Eastern Time - more details coming soon.
"Is Coaching Effective?"
Participate now in an exciting Global Study seeking to discover what makes coaching effective! Here's your chance to contribute to a significant body of knowledge, as well as raise the profile of career professionals and their value to clients.
It only takes 10 minutes to complete, but the impact of your participation will last much longer. Data collection finishes March 31,2013 so act now! To complete the on-line questionnaire, go to: www.ashridge.org.uk/client